Thursday, February 6, 2020

One of my Shabby handmade books

 I think I mentioned in a post that I made books, so I wanted to show one that I made 6 years ago. I bound random sized brown paper with part of a leather belt and used grommets to fasten the pages together.
 I dug into my lovely stash of things and just glued and painted and wrote.
I am 65 now-it's a great age I think.
 It's really special to have very old papers to use in a book. I was blessed to have some handwritten things to put in the book.
 My goose, Titus, who went to heaven this past September. Geese and ducks and well, all birds, are extremely important to me. Some day maybe I'll write about that.

 I embroidered this.

 I sewed  a bunch of little fabric squares together and made them shabby. When I get more printer ink, I want to copy that and use the paper for more book things. The printer ink now costs more than my printer cost me. :(
The two owls are part of a very ripped up old quilt. I printed out the words on cloth.
I hope I may have inspired you to make your own books. 
Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Debra, I think we must be related! These similarities keep popping up. I can’t tell you how many bookmarks and Videos about making a book I have in my bookmarks. I’ve been browsing for a few months, ever so slowly inching toward actually tying it. Your idea to use a belt and grommets is amazing, so original. I look forward to what you may write about your love of birds. Once again, you have definitely inspired me!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Debra you are amazing. Your books are wonderful. I especially loved the page where you used embroidery and also fabric. Beautiful picture of Titus...I know you must miss your sweet goose. So glad you shared these pages. Thanks too for taking time to visit me and leave me an encouraging word. Hugs!

Sue (this n that) said...

Hello Debra, I absolutely love your handmade book. You've used so many pieces that have a little story or memory attached. Its a really nice way to re-use things too.
I enjoyed your photos as well as the ideas. Cheerio for now xx

Debra said...

I'm so glad! Wish we lived closer!

Debra said...

Thank you dear...

jenclair said...

It must be fun to look back through and remember what you were thinking about and what inspired you!

kathyinozarks said...

Debra I love your book!