Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The end of March

 Why did I think it was a good idea to have these in the house??
 In a few weeks I can start seeds inside.

 Yesterday I found this Baltimore Oriole's nest in our willow tree. It's last years nest, and the birds don't use them over again, or I wouldn't have taken it. Robins do re-use nests. Do you see the blue woven into the fibers, and the string along the top?

 This is how my little garden looks now. Except today the sun isn't shining, and the ground is very wet. I'm anxious to get stuff planted. I want to dig in the dirt and weed and see things grow.


Stay safe and healthy-please.

9 comments:

Barbara said...

I love the nest, so colorful with blue streamers! You have plenty of space for gardening. I also love to grow things, but I don’t like gardening. So I grow small things indoors. You should show us the garden again in full bloom! Does your mailbox say Sparrowgrass? I love it!

Sue (this n that) said...

Hi Debra, you've got some great spaces just waiting for your vegies to grow!
Seeing the materials that birds use to construct their nests is always fascinating isn't it... they're so clever.
All the best and it was lovely to see your post, Sue xx

Chris Lally said...

Oreos - the ultimate comfort food, but I don't know anyone who can eat just one:) Love the idea of getting back into the garden. Thank you for the sweet inspiration, Debra! Stay safe & healthy, too:)

Barbra Joan said...

Oh Debra I just love your property. and your garden.
I had something like that and I miss weeding, and planting and just being in that property. You'll have to post photos of it when the sun starts to shine, and the garden grows.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear friend like you I am anxious to get out and dig in the garden. It has been too wet here also. Keep faith nice weather is on its way. Hugs!

Debra said...

Yes, it says Sparrowgrass. I love it too:)

sirkkis said...

I look forward seeing your garden in full bloom, dear Debra.
Stay well, have wonderful time ❤️🌺

jenclair said...

I love the little hint at the end--reminding us to wash our hands! :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I did not know robins re use their nests. We have robins visiting our garden. I have seen nests; but don't know if they are robins' or not. I won't touch them in future.

God bless.