Thursday, January 13, 2022

Some art journal pages, and "Follow"

I have some pages done in the art journal I wrote about in my previous post, inspired by Lynn, from' A Bit of Birdsong.' (please find her on YouTube) If you want to see her work, go to the YouTube video underneath this post and the one before that...Her work is lovely and she will inpire you.

Above and the next four photos show what I've done in my journal. Lynn's tutorial was all about amazing women. I found photos that I had and used them. It was fun...


Above-I love using my own artwork from sketchbooks for my art journals. That's what I did here.



 I know our words for the new year are the most meaningful to ourselves, but it's nice to share them. I finally found mine for 2022.
Follow

Another year of covid fear, weather upheavals, social unrest and death, and the constant background noise of political disagreement. Life is a wilderness... 

The song below by Ernstly Ettiene says it best for me. It's a beautiful song. Sincere.
My son sent it to me a while ago. He needed the words in his own life, so badly. God has been his help in the wilderness.
I will follow...Jesus.




17 comments:

Barbara said...

Very interesting and inspiring art journal pages! The video is lovely and so peaceful. Your sketchbook trees reminds me of a couple pieces I still have from college art classes wherein the assignment was painting with India Ink. Have fun exploring this new journaling art form!

sirkkis said...

Your pages are amazing 👍
Especially love the pages with the couples bearing fun hats 😍 l like the style you make the junk journal art pages.
I watched the second lesson of Lynn. Let's see if I inspire to make too...
Thanks for the video ❤️

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Debra, so glad you shared your journal pages with us-I love them. Art inspires and calms us-at least it does that for me-hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal pages, love your style. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Follow. A good word!
Lovely artwork. Thank you for being so inspiring!

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

It is so lovely to see your creative work. I love the pages - so much to see in them. Thank you for sharing - and thank you Jesus. God bless you🙏❣️

DVArtist said...

I really like all of these but the one with the drawn face of the girl, that is my favorite.

Hill Top Post said...

Only an artist could have designed these pages. My favorite? Definitely the second page...just wonderful! I want to watch a lot of Lynn. Take care and enjoy the snow!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I like your pages with a combination of found images and artwork but my favourite is your artwork page with the girl's head.

sirkkis said...

Happy Sunday, Debra!
I am so glad you gave me inspiration to make Art journal book. I am making it and posted the pages, which are ready, and continue to make more...
Wishing you a happy upcoming week xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the abstract feel to the pages you have shared in your journal. Your art is wonderful and your talent knows no bounds. I had NO idea how far behind I was and wish I had been by sooner. Catching up is difficult. However, your art is fabulous!!!

Debra said...

A huge thank you to everyone for commenting and visiting-it means a lot to me...

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Love your journal pages! Your words are beautiful as well on your post today. I love you chose the word......follow

Rajani Rehana said...

Your pages are so beautiful.

Debbie Nolan said...

Debra wonderful song. Love seeing the pages in your journal. I want to find some time to visit Lynn - hope 2022 starts to "look up"...Wilderness living grows our feathers of faith. Take care...hugs!

abitofbirdsong said...

Oh my, your journal pages are amazing! Love them all! I agree with others as well that the page with the face is just outstanding. It really calls to me. Thank you again for the mention! I'm so glad we've met! xxLynn

Mia said...

Thank you, Debra, for the lovely inspiration. I found your blog from Bleubeard and Elizabeth. I am your new follower. Hugs from Greece.