Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Another time.

 Our yard a few summers ago.

 My blog, 'Sparrowgrass' had lots of pictures of my yard and the areas around our home in the Finger Lakes area of New York.
 I don't have Sparrowgrass as a blog now, or Monnie Bean Folk Art-my business name. That all seems like another lifetime ago. 
 I am scared for my husband, who works in an essential factory and won't be shut down in this COVID19 crisis unless many get sick there. 
It sickens me to hear about people who aren't taking this ordeal seriously, and now it seems our President is among that group. I didn't want to get political, but I can't believe my ears when I hear him being more concerned about the economy recovering than people recovering.
I hope he will change his focus. Right now we need good leadership; he should be heeding the advice of his task force on this disease.

6 comments:

jenclair said...

Love the photographs of your yard. I agree that many people don't seem capable of understanding how serious this virus is. The stress for those who must get out because their work is essential must be tremendous and for those, like you Debra, who must worry about them.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, my two cents worth he does care about everything. It definately doesn't help when many don't follow the guidelines, this morning on the news they reported that New Yorkers were fleeing the city since its on lock down-that should have been prevented somehow as these people move the country they will be spreading it.
He has been trying to get money to families and especially the workers so they don't lose their homes and business's its a balancing act to get people well and keep the country from destruction of losing all the business's I pray it all works out well-now if those in congress would just be adults and pass the bill
be safe and be well I feel your fears for your husband-hugs

Barbara said...

I’m with you, Deb!!!

Sue (this n that) said...

Hello Debra, those are beautiful scenes in your photos, I love the misty one especially.
I applaud your Husband and certainly understand your concern.
All the very best as each of us try to get through these times xx

Debra said...

Everyone's two cents means a lot to me. And it doesn't matter if we agree-I love all my blog pals.













Everyone's opinion means a lot to me-
Thank you for your well wishes.


Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Good Morning. Love your yard pictures. Mine used to be that beautiful, but I have digging dogs now. They love to dig up the mole trails and more. I hope your husband will weather the storm without getting sick. I really think the horror of this outbreak could have been less devastating.
xx, Carol