Sunday, March 22, 2020

From my heart

 I remember being about 7 years old and having to go to the dentist. For some reason I had to have a tooth pulled. On top of my fear, the dentist was not kind or patient. Needless to say, it was terrifying.
When I returned home that day, my grandma had found a yellow swallowtail butterfly for me. It was alive and well-she had kept it somehow-just to show me because she knew I went through a scary time. The butterfly did the trick-I wasn't scared any more-and I loved my grandma even more.
***
These moths appeared one morning on our windows and stayed for hours so I got lots of photos of them. I did my moth painting from one of the photos. Since that time we had all our windows replaced, the house sided and roofed. I still like the old windows, worn from years of weather, but of course they weren't good for keeping the cold wind out.
 I have no idea where I'm going with all of this rambling. Maybe I have had too much hot chocolate this morning, I don't know. I wanted to share some pretty pictures of my yard with you, but there's something more.
 There's something else my grandparents gave me when I was little.
It was what I saw in them.
Day to day stuff.
It was some kind of steady-ness, and anchor to something bigger than they,
a hope.
 Yes, you're right if you are thinking it was their faith in God.
 We prayed together. We read the Bible together.
We went to church together.
 And as I have grown, I've known the Source of their
steady-ness to be my own as well. 
Right now there is a vast amount of information and fear and uncertainty. It's scary-worse than a trip to the dentist. 
I want to share one of my favorite verses from the Bible with you.
Psalm 63:7
For you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your
wings
I will sing for joy.

God bless you.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Definitely scarier than a trip to the dentist, but singing for joy helps. Lovely photos, thank you, Debra.

Debbie Nolan said...

My Dear Friend - this is certainly from your heart straight to mine. Thank you for such a lovely uplifting post. God is with us! Hugs

Barbra Joan said...

Thank you Debra.