Wednesday, August 5, 2020

some older work of mine

 Well I guess it's show and tell time!
This is some of my painting and fiber art of a few years ago.
 I have been so stuck lately in an awful artist's block,
so I thought I'd get back to doing more fiber art.
Maybe I can paint again if I am painting from my heart-genuine-that sorta thing.
 Above is a hawk I made. Lots of stitching!
 Because this kind of wacky stuff is where my heart truly is for painting. I sold the tea pot painting when I was part of Etsy. The buyer wanted it so bad, but had to save up her money for it. I thought that was so sweet.
 I made lots of handbags and had many of them in Haute Handbag Magazine. They were so good to me.
I always thought my fox was the best of my fiber art making. He was life sized. I was so happy with how he turned out.
I am thankful God has given me these gifts. I hope it has made your day a little bit better-maybe inspired you to create too.
Thank you so much for looking.

13 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Sweet friend I especially remember your fox. You are so creative and I am sure your artist's block will disappear and you will find new inspiration. Everything you make is wonderful. Take care and have a great week. Hugs!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I remember the charming faces on your dolls, waiting to see how levely they turned out. You are a fantastic artist.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh your art is amazing. Sometimes we just need to take a break do something completely different to get us back into the art room. I am in love with your fiber hawk. Have a good evening.

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Debra, I am so glad you shared your art with us. Fiber arts is me for sure, I love your fox. awesome that you sold a painting.
Several years ago now I sold a fiber art piece-it made me feel so good-after that I felt better about saying I was a fiber artist.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love it all. That fox is Fantastic, wow! Hope you soon make more art, just start and see what happens. Hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Very original and amusing birds and fog! Love them, as well as the bag and other art pieces.
Thanks for showing, I haven't seen them earlier.
Have a great time xx

thefisherlady said...

I am so glad I came back for a visit Debra~ this was delightful! I love the birds look at constellations~it is perfect and so much of my kind of heart-think. I love our two Ravens that visit our farm and talk to us. We also have two owls that stay in the family way and talk incessantly with us, much to my grandchildren's delight.
Your fox is also just perfect as is all that you make. I am so glad I came by. Your artist block is just a moment long, or short, of your heart refueling. It will burst with creation again. Blessings friend.

jenclair said...

I still love that fox! Such a wonderful textile transformation!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Love the hawk and fox.

Shilpa said...

A very rare talent .I loved that second bird

Sue (this n that) said...

Oh Debra, your work is superb. How lovely and I can appreciate all the sewing that has gone into them. I do love the hawk and the fox and also the handbag and the painting of the blackbird. You're so creative and how lucky are we to have seen these beautiful creations.

Kokopelli said...

Love your pieces! Especially the fox and the blackbird. Yes, sometimes we have to go back and get inspiration from our older work.

Barbara said...

Just browsing your blog, and Wow! somehow I missed this chock full post! I love your fiber art, you know that, and the birds looking at constellations is so creative. Love that one especially. Art from the Heart is always the best!