Friday, October 23, 2020

My brother called me!!!

He sounds good. Like his old self.
We even laughed.
He said he's lost 20 pounds in the 3 weeks he's been sick. He has never been this sick-E V E R.
I'm begging you-wear a mask, wash your hands, social distance. I repeat-this is not a hoax-it's real. It is NOT just like the normal flu that goes around every year. OK-enough preaching.

 I really can't thank everyone enough for your prayers and comments of concern.

The situation with my mom is ongoing. For some reason, this area of NY is going through a big upsurge of positive cases and more people in the hospital. Assisted living facilities are feeling it now. I do ask your prayers for my mom and all her friends and the workers. Those workers deserve medals of honor. Thank you again.

10 comments:

jenclair said...

I'm so glad to hear that your brother is on the mend! Tough times for everyone right now, I hope folks will realize the importance of keeping themselves and others safe!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear friend I am so glad to read that your brother is finally getting better. I have been praying for him and your entire family. I will be keeping your mom in my prayers too. This is such a tough time for our folks who are older. We too are seeing upsurge in Ohio too. Please keep safe dear one. Hugs!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Yay! I hope everyone is well, on the mend

DVArtist said...

I am sooo very happy that your brother phoned you. Still sending healing energy to you and your family.

Barbara said...

Oh, how I’ve been waiting for good news, Debra. This is definitely feeling like the best news. Never enough preaching these days. It’s not just your NY area that has been on the rise. It’s everywhere, again. We need leadership! Prayers for that and for your Mom. Blessings

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad your brother is on the mend! All the best, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Hello Debra,
It's great to read good news about your brother.
Wishing you and yours good health and blessings,

Sirkka

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely photos. Glad to hear your brother is doing well, hope your mum is ok too.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I continue to pray for you and your family. From what I have seen most of the country is going through a surge of cases. Those that when to rallys without wearing a mask have also increased case rate. It's a sad situation.
xx, Carol

kathyinozarks said...

so happy to read your brother is doing better and you could talk with him-prayers for your Mom