Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Clothing begins...

She's got some of my old tights cut up for her undies.
Prim stitches that show...I even had a crookedy needle to sew with.
Rather droopy drawers. Getting the leg part of the tights over her big feet was quite a 'feat!' It reminded me: did you ever feel like you needed a shoe horn to get panty hose on?? Or did they keep going and going, right up over your bra when you pulled them up?? Somehow, you can never tell which way they will go on your body till you start to pull them up! This girl's big feet were bigger than I planned, and made the stockings very hard to pull over them-but it finally happened. 
Above is a doll that will have to be hung on a wall to display. I guess he's going to be a circus man.
I'm starting to really like this girl. I need to think of a name for her, and just what her story is. Next will be her outer clothing.

 

12 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

I can see your enjoying your doll making-hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely fabulous! Hugs,Valerie

sirkkis said...

What a gorgeous couple you've done. I appreciate your talent to make them, and I'm waiting for seeing them ready... and the story about their life, Debra!!
Have a great time xx

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

How I enjoy following this🥰 You are amazing in what you create🥰

Barbara said...

This lady is really starting to take on a personality! I love your circus man too. Both of these dolls could have a story. I see your lady as a no-nonsense school teacher. These dolls are so much fun to watch being created. I even had fun just commenting on them!

jenclair said...

I'm having so much vicarious fun with your dolls and their clothing! Such characters in the making!

Henny Penny said...

Oh my, you are talented! I think I know that lady. She has such a familiar face.

DVArtist said...

I love your lady doll. She is amazing. Yes, I have dolls that have to hang as well. Can't wait to see this one finished.

Hill Top Post said...

It is the creating the clothing that I enjoy most. I am always ready to put away the paint brush and take out the needle, thread and cloth. This pretty lady will be wanting something warm to wear for sure! Take care and have fun!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Very nice. I suspect her outfit will be fantastic.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Oh my goodness , you are so creative! Your dolls are so wonderful and have such character!

Debbie Nolan said...

Debra your thoughts on the panty hose/tights had me smiling. Your tights made the perfect underwear for your doll. I am always so amazed by your diversity of talents. You inspire me. Thank you for being there. Hugs!