Tuesday, February 16, 2021

One doll face done...

I guess she's a little sad looking...
She's wearing mohair for hair. Her body is very odd-she kinda leans forward and has an unnatural look-I've forgotten so much about making dolls. Next will be dressing her, and I'm going to go with a primitive style to match the rest of her.

I have a bunch of older photos on my computer-these are from our road. It's nice to remember when it wasn't snow and ice-covered outside.


 Thank you for stopping by, and comments are always welcomed.
Stay safe.

9 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Great start on your dolls I think primitive is perfect. My blog friend Mary at Hill Top makes dolls too.
Love the photos-we are very cold here-the lake is totally froze in now with lots of snow on top brrr stay warm and safe hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

The face is fabulous as are the photos! Hugs, Valerie

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I think I saw her at the store last week. She has a thinking face.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I like your doll.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I love this face. She is like the old grandma that doesn't take any flack from anyone. :) Have a nice evening.

jenclair said...

Maybe she is tired of the pandemic or the weather. We all feel that way, so she is representative of the times, Debra. Tired and a little sad at times, but determined. Good work!

Hill Top Post said...

I love your prim style. Dressing this type doll is so fun, so I will be looking forward to seeing that. I have made some cloth primitive style dolls with stitched faces and hair. They really are my favorite dolls to make. The clay ones stress me! I wonder who has your Vincent Van Gogh doll. I can't get over how much I love him.

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

I love your doll. Very excited about the clothing. I like her expression. One can create all sorts of stories about her. So much fun to see your work. Keep warm and enjoy creating🥰

Barbara said...

I’m not sure I’d call her “sad”, perhaps she’s just “pensive”. Simple, primitive clothing will be perfect. You are so good at this style, Debra. I’m eager to see her all done!