Saturday, February 27, 2021

Here's our winter, and a little watercoloring & sketching

I guess you can see we are in snow and ice. Today it's windy and above freezing-so some of this snow is going. I'm hoping I really did hear a red-wing blackbird this morning. Hoping and praying for an early spring, with a warm March. I heard a pilated woodpecker yesterday, and they know the season is changing...

I have been wanting to do little art things that you could use if you desired. So the two watercolors here can be copied and used with my permission, for your personal use. Maybe as part of a tag, or as a note to a friend. I'd love it if you'd use them somehow...It makes me so happy to be painting again and I wanted to share my happiness. I plan to do at least one painting a week that can be used anyway you'd like except for sale. If you use something-let me know what you did if you'd like to. Just have fun with it.
The red paper die cuts are from a Tim Holtz pack that I glued to my sketchbook.



 This sketch is 4 years old now. I did it for a coloring page. 

Thank you for dropping by. I always love to hear from you.

14 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, one thing about winter it gives us beautiful scenery.
so happy you are painting again-and thank you for sharing with us-that was so sweet I think I will copy the last one and color it in Happy weekend Kathy

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely sparrow and winter photos
Aside from the bits of snow here and there, it feels winter has barely begun. It will be nice, though, if it was over.

Hill Top Post said...

It's so good to see a little melting going on! Yay for the birds! They do know! I love the watercolors. The bird will definitely end up on a journal page! Thank you. Hope you are having a great weekend.

Barbara said...

Looking forward to more painting from you, Debra. Your little bird is beautiful! I have also heard what I call “spring birds”. It won’t be long!

jenclair said...

Beautiful scenes of winter, Debra! I love the "hello birdie"! Such a wonderful birdie and great design. Keep drawing and painting and making your charming dolls. :)

sirkkis said...

Spring is also here in the air, and it is a lovely thing. It's been rather slippery I noticed when take my northern walk.
Thank you for sharing the great photos and for your generosity to share your sweet paintings.
I save your beautiful bird for using it in some of my digital collages. I'll tel you when I use it, thank you very much, Debra.
Have a safe and happy upcoming week xx

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Thank you so much for your free art. That is one of my favorite birds called grÃ¥spurv in Norway. Isn’t it wonderful to see and hear the birds now. I saw a yellow butterfly today. Such a happy day☀️🥰

Debra said...

Thank you Sirkkis. I'm excited you will use my bird in your digital art!

Debra said...

Happy coloring!

Debra said...

Yes-goodbye to winter!!!

Debra said...

I'm happy you are using the bird in one of your journals!

Debra said...

Thank you Barbara. You always encourage me.

Debra said...

Thank you! I had put the unfinished dolls away for a bit-but I will keep working on them.

Debra said...

I love hearing about what our sparrow is called in Norway. Yay for a yellow butterfly!