Tuesday, February 23, 2021

The winter that doesn't end.....



It really does exist-summer, spring. Green. Flowers, heat, sweat.
I tried to post some pics of what it looks like here now-but my camera won't upload. So instead I found some warmer weather pics. 
I just can't wait to get in the garden again.
I have a lot to thank God for, and I do thank Him. I can shovel snow like a buzz saw and I think that's great for a 66 year old lady. I love the exercise and it's nice to get out from the warm walls of my house. It's snowing (again) and there's an inch of ice on top of our almost 2 feet of snow. It's warmer than it has been-almost 30 degrees! It will be in the 40's tomorrow. We have ice everywhere and it can be scary. We'll be glad for it to go....

Above are my wild garlics, that like to tangle up with each other sometimes and hug. You can eat the curly green stalks. The little garlic bulbils (think that's what they're called) are tiny and hard to get the papery skin off, but that's how they reseed.
Above-loved my shard all season and ate every bit of it.

David Austin rose, "Evelyn." A wonderful smelling rose and very hardy. All season blooms.
Above-one of my wacky handbags.


 I hope you are warm and safe.

11 comments:

Barbara said...

Your post with photos felt so warm and good! Thanks!

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful photos and your handbag is gorgeous! Hugs, Valerie

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I love the posted notice! lol
Lovely photos to cheer up in winter

Potting soil from trunk of car thawed out nicely. Time to start seeds.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

My garden is looking very messy, needs lots of attention. Love the bag.

Hill Top Post said...

I enjoyed your warmer day pictures. I am looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful garden when the snows of winter are gone. I love the old barn.

jenclair said...

Nice to see the photos of gardens at their best! Hard to imagine right now, but we know those days will come. :) Love that bag, Debra!

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

What a wonderful garden to look forward to. All of Gods creations so perfectly done. Sounds bad with the snow and winter. We are thankful that winter seem to be gone now. At least we hope it is. Several weeks freezing we look forward to warm days and sun. All the best to you. Lone

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I really enjoyed your warm and green photos-soon I hope but it is uplifting to anticipate spring this year. I love your bag too enjoy the rest of your week-hugs

artbyjune said...

Beautiful rose. I love eating garlic. I put it in almost everything savoury. I hope you are keeping warm...I can't believe the amount of snow you get. We got a smattering...and that was a big event. It only lasted a couple of days.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Well, this was certainly a treat for summer starved eyes!
I know spring has started to arrive as I watch the birds gathering the twigs to make their nests. Renewal...a wonderful time!
Stay safe and keep faith strong.

thefisherlady said...

We are also deep in snow and winter; The week of -30 to-40C is past and we are seeing near O temperatures. The goats will soon begin kidding and the grandchildren are eager to meet their new furry friends. I bought good cleats for the bottom of my boots and they make all the difference for outside chore time. I am 65 and like you, enjoy the snow scooping. Thank you for all the summer photos~ they made me smile. Be well and God bless