Wednesday, June 23, 2021

This is the day....

How are you?
I'm loving this summertime. In winter, it's easy to forget there are leaves, and warmth-even that the sun still shines! And somehow, the drudgery of the snow and cold and indoor living ALL the time can make a person feel well, sort of depressed.
I think that's what I'm coming out of-gradually....
It's taking time. Not being able to draw or paint or create much didn't help. Now I don't want to drone on about this-except---it is important and it can be very hard to feel like you are crawling out from some kind of heavy rock....And a lot of it could be the dark days we have in New York. As much as I love this area of rolling hills, gorges, lakes, and farmland-I hate constant dark days even more.

I do love God. I do have so many things to be thankful for-and I really am thankful! But I'm also smart enough to know when something isn't quite right in my head, and I need to do something to change it.

I'm taking baby steps, but they're in the right direction. Just being able to see negative thoughts or negative mind-set is a big improvement. When I can see it, I can start to take charge instead of letting those thoughts take charge of ME.

I love God's Word where He says He will use everything for my good. I believe it. It will be ok. I'm really painting a bit again. Did you know that that is even important to God? He cares for the tiniest of things, and knows me better than I know myself.


 So I hope you are well.
Know this: God loves you. 

19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

You have a great attitude. Keep stepping forward till you reach your goal! Hugs, Valerie

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful post! I hear you.
Negativity creeps up sometimes. It takes good effort, and prayer, to push on to positive thoughts.
A few chores put aside due to my sore knee are done. The next day, today actually, my knee is more sore than it has been since before the injection. No sharp pains, though. And I'm laughing about it because the progress I made, that positivity means more than a sore knee.

DVArtist said...

Really wonderful photos. Have a nice day.

Barbara said...

Negativity has a way of creeping up. This is a post to celebrate!

Hill Top Post said...

First of all...I love that top picture! Secondly...This is a beautiful post; one we all need to remember and live our days by. You are so creative and talented in so many ways. Don't ever hide those talents under a rock. I think about you often and always hope to see one of your delightful posts pop up on my reading list.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Love your photos and your post. Keep your chin up and keep creating!

sirkkis said...

Thank you for your lovely words and photos you share, Debra.
Blessings xx

Barwitzki said...

The nice thing is that we live in a cycle and everything keeps coming back ... like summer ... the sun ... the light. Day after day and in small steps.
Warm hug to you.

jenclair said...

One day at a time. Love that last photo!

Debbie Nolan said...

My Dearest Debra - I so identify with your thoughts today. Like you where we live is often gray and not much sunshine. How we love summer!! Take care Hugs!

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Wonderful photos that says more than words.
Life really is hard sometimes. We live in a fallen world and are not free from trails and dark days. But I found that knowing that God is in that too. That He is in control gives me great comfort. I will pray for you Debra and may God bless you and keep you 🙏💕

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Hello! How is your summer going?

Debra said...

Bless you, sweet friend.

Debra said...

It's going ok....we have super abundant rain :( that is getting to be a problem in some areas. We live on a side hill so we aren't flooded, but many people have water problems.
It's so nice of you to check in with me-I appreciate that!

artbyjune said...

These past 2 years with the pandemic crisis have indeed affected all of us. I too have often felt like I was labouring under a big heavy boulder...trying to keep going. I feel as if I am slowly getting out from under it and painting a bit more joyfully, instead of as a laboured effort. My goodness who would have predicted that covid crisis? I am glad you are feeling you are getting yourself in a more positive place...it can take a determined effort! I find listening to happy music helps me a lot..

Rajani Rehana said...

Mind blowing post

Rajani Rehana said...

Mind blowing post

Debra said...

So good to hear from ou. I'm glad artwork is becomming a happy thing for you now. Thanks to everyone for so much encouragement.

Debra said...

Thank you!