Monday, November 29, 2021

Forgiveness.

 Almost 14 years ago I started blogging so I could learn how to use a computer. My blog was called 'Sparrowgrass.' I wrote about our life here in the country and I showed lots of photographs. Mixed in with that I was making prim dolls and painting.

I made paper copies of many of those posts. I was reading them this morning. I couldn't help but notice a difference I don't like: I used to write about my faith in Christ. Now it's frittered down to an infrequent mention of being thankful for something.

I have kept my faith; in fact it's much stronger now in many ways because God has changed me soooo much. No, I'm not done yet-there's still lots to work on!

But I have decided I need to express my love for God here on this blog while showing all the other things I'm interested in or create. Blogs are a kind of wide open diary and I want to share who I am unashamedly.

Recently the Lord has been working on me in a relationship area that needed desperate healing. I am thankful that God got through this tough crust I hid under. My unforgiveness toward that person was a weapon I used to keep them at a distance and to even hurt them at times.

Unforgiveness hurt me. A lot. It stole years from me that could have been so different.

One of the wonderful things about God is that He actually redeems lost time. He's God-He can do anything! Joel 2:25, in part: "And I will restore to you the years that the locust has eaten..."

So here's a thankful: God worked with me even though I was not working fully with Him. I'm free of that awful unforgiveness that I dragged around like a heavy chain.

Below is a reprint from Sparrowgrass..



8 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Great words!

Valerie-Jael said...

Forgiving people who have harmed you is so important so that we can let go. I'm glad your faith helps you! Hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

I agree with Valerie-hugs

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Thank you Debbie for your honesty and for being faithful to our Lord🙏 We need to stay strong in Him more than ever. And to let God help us forgive and love is blessings so wonderful. God bless you🙏❣️

sirkkis said...

The faith helps people who feel it is important to them.
I is blessing their life, I think. All are let to live with their own faith, I believe.
Stay safe and be well 🧡

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holding a grudge, hate, and jealousy steal YEARS from your life. It makes your face hard and wrinkled with frown lines. I am thrilled you have found your way to forgive. You have truly redeemed yourself through your faith, Debra.

Debra said...

Your comments mean so much to me....I can't tell you how much. Thank you everyone. I just need to add-this was a YEARS long offense and I was terribly hurt and damaged emotionally. Every offense is equally hurtful to the one who is hurting-I don't mean to try and make light of offenses we all have when our feelings get hurt. It HURTS. If I could tell you the story (stories) behind all this, you would understand better. But this forgiveness is truly a miracle and I am so thankful. Bluebeard-you are so very right...

artbyjune said...

Forgiving can take a lot of time to work on in your life.