Sunday, December 12, 2021

Hare painting


 I've been working on some journals and started this watercolor painting this afternoon. I thought I could do paintings for journals and fussy cut them just like people do with cut outs from beautiful nature books. I don't have the books I want to use, so I'm going to try to paint what I want. 
I've truly been avoiding getting back to painting, so journal making gives me a good reason to get out the brushes.
This fellow still needs some fixing up, but I had such fun painting him!

I used a photo from Pixabay as my resource.

15 comments:

Barbara said...

This is a *wonderful* painting!!! Don’t change a thing, not even the parts of the image not painted. I love everything about it, as is! ☺️

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Very nice, you are a talented artist. You've capture rabbit attitude well.

kathyinozarks said...

I Love your rabbit!! I think painting in a journal is nice because the pages are smaller I may try to do that too to get back into painting again-thanks

Hill Top Post said...

You best keep those brushes out. Your rabbit is good, very good! I love love those long ears.

DVArtist said...

Wow really beautiful.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Absolutely stunning, Debra. As someone who doesn't have that gift, I am truly amazed at your ability to create this incredible hare. It is beyond beautiful and I am SO glad you shared it with us today.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your painting is gorgeous, love it! Keep going with your painting! Hugs, Valerie

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Oh Debra, he is so beautiful. You are such a great artist. Bless your days and happy holidays❣️🙏

sirkkis said...

I love the expressive fellow 😍
You really have skills of painting, Debra.
Have a nice time ♥️

artbyjune said...

He is gorgeous, Debra.

jenclair said...

Love! Beautiful work, Debra!

Henny Penny said...

Oh I love your painting of the Hare! It looks perfect to me. Something about rabbits that touch my heart anyway. Have a very Merry Christmas.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

He is lovely.

Debra said...

You are all so good to me...

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh friend it is so good to see you are painting and I adore your Hare. He is gorgeous. Have a Merry Christmas! Hugs