Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Small Haul from a Small Mall

How do ya like that title, eh? We went to a small antiques mall. I found some great stuff for art journaling and so forth...This Gorgeous old Ledger book-it's not written in but all the better. I will do pen and ink in it. 500 pages, old and perfect. $15.00! It's huge too. I love it!

A beautiful potato bag...
Old books-some very unusual....



Favorite cigarette???





I collect Little Golden Books. I don't have many, but I couldn't resist this one. One dollar.



Three recent paintings, done with acrylic gouache by Liquitex. I give this product a C minus. It's not like gouache, but the pigment load is good. It's more like fluid acrylics, which I do like, so I don't mind using it. They should just stop pretending it's like gouache. It's not. (I don't mean that it doesn't re-activate like gouache-mostly the issue is the consistency-it's not creamy like gouache.)
Sam and her tree.
I planted some young crab apple trees in her pen. She has adopted this one. She lays down by it, and guards it. I love that goose.

 This is my son's girlfriend's dog in her apartment.
I loved painting these paintings and I'll continue to try to paint realistically; the point is to just keep painting. My goal though is to go back to my folky roots. 
Thanks for stopping by. I hope your week is a good one.
***
~Debra

13 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I love your paintings. Sam's portrait is a adorable. Knowing she guards it is heart warming aw.

Nice haul! The hand written ledger..."car repairs___$15.00," is a hilarious look into the past.

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Debra, great finds at the mall! We used to visit places like that and visit lots of garage sales-we would find the best things. Loving your paintings-I especially like your goose with her tree.
Have a good week Hugs Kathy

Hill Top Post said...

I love old ledgers and beautiful old handwriting. You must keep painting. That's what artists do! These paintings are so good! I love them!

sirkkis said...

You've bought a great book, and I like the stool you've placed it. Your paintings are lovely. Look forward seeing more.
Have a happy day and enjoy spring 🌱🍀💗

Barbara said...

Painting is good, you’ve still got it, girl! Folksy will always be there, keep going! I enjoy your vintage finds, so easy to focus on more peaceful times.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You got a lot of wonderful bargains at that mall. LOVE that ledger. WOW.

When those books were copyrighted, smoking was not just acceptable, but considered appropriate. That was before there was a surgeon general who scared the smoke out of everyone, including the tobacco industry. Loved seeing these vintage additions to your collections.

Sam looks so adorable by her adopted tree. And that very realistic painting of the dog is jaw dropping. I've never owned gouache, so I'll take your word for it!

DVArtist said...

Wow! Some great finds. We have more than several antique type co-ops here. They are fun to roam through. Have a great day.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, Debra your haul is fabulous! That ledger is to die for. Your paintings are beautiful, my fave is Sam and her tree. Hugs, Valerie

Debbie Nolan said...

Debra all three of your paintings are just wonderful. I especially love the one with your son's girlfriend's dog. What a great post. I cannot wait to see what you do with the ledger book...such fun to fill those pages. Bet that old cookbook has some excellent recipes. Hope you have a delightful Memorial Day weekend. Hugs!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Some great finds and lovely paintings. My son had a rabbit called Cotton-Tail.

Henny Penny said...

Hey Debra. Oh, I love the title. Who could resist looking in to seen what you found. Your paintings are wonderful, and I too love your goose. I've always wanted a goose but my husband says no more animals. We've had ducks, chickens, and guineas, oh and turkeys, but never a goose.

artbyjune said...

I love your paintings. Especially the one of Sam guarding her tree! What a fabulous collection of vintage supplies....those will definitely stimulate lots of journal pages!

craftytrog said...

Such beautiful paintings Debra! I absolutely love the one of Sam and her tree, so sweet!
And what a fabulous haul from the mall! I would be thrilled too :-)
Alison