Wednesday, June 22, 2022

I am in Art Journaling Magzine! (Please note-the cover is not my art)

 I'm so happy to tell you I am in the July/August/September issue of Stampington magazine's Art Journaling! It will be available at newstands and booksellers July 1. I was ecstatic to get my artist advance issue in the mail yesterday.


I have been blessed to experience having my art in various forms in different Stampington magazines. These are beautiful publications with high quality photography. It has always been a pleasure to work with the editors. Each one I have encountered has been gracious and encouraging (and so patient!).

I hope you will be able to get a copy of this issue. Just glancing through it I have been overwhelmed by the gorgeous art from so many artists. I feel very humbled to have been accepted for publication-especially since I am new at making art journals. But it seems only natural for me to extend my painting on canvas and in sketchbooks to making art journals. In art journaling one can play and experiment. There's a freedom for your thoughts and your materials. Ideas are born. And you can get healing. That's my story in this issue of Art Journaling Magazine. I was helped by making a book.

I thank God most of all-first, for working out the mental healing I needed. Secondly I thank Him for giving me a talent. And if I use it and not bury it-I can give something back to Him.

That is my desire.

12 comments:

DVArtist said...

Congratulations. It is thrilling to see your name in print. I too have been published many times and the excitement never seizes. Have a lovely day.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Congratulations!
Your healing journey with God and art is inspiring.

sirkkis said...

My warm congratulations, Debra!
Nostalgic, beautiful illustration and wonderful words.
Happy upcoming weekend to you and yours xx

Debra said...

Please note-the cover is not my art. My art starts on page 110 I think. But the cover art is beautiful.

Hill Top Post said...

How very special! I really must get a copy of this issue. I love this post with your words of inspiration and joy. And so agree that by using our talents, "Ideas are born." Yay for you, dear friend!

kathyinozarks said...

Lovely post Debra and Congratulations on being published. I will see if I can find this issue online hugs Kathy

Barbara said...

Awww…beautiful sentiments Debra. Inspirational! We all have An obligation to use our talents so freely given to us.

Becki said...

Congratulations, Debra. I hope I can find this magazine locally. I'd love to see your published work. I also really appreciate your final thoughts here. :)

artbyjune said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations. Have a great weekend!! Unfortunately, I dont think Ive seen this publication in UK.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congratulations, Debra. I am so proud of you. I am delighted to be able to say I "know" this artist. I have never been published, so I am delighted to know you have. Again, so happy for you, dear.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear friend - just catching up with your wonderful news...I will certainly be looking for Stampington's July/August/September issue...can't wait to see your journal and read your story. Hugs!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hi Debra, how very exciting!!! Congratulations.
I am so behind, trying to catch up.
blessings,
Penny