Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Liquitex Basics Acrylic Fluid paint-do not waste your money!

I bought some new paint. Liquitex Basics Acrylic Fluid. Above are my swatches straight from the 4 oz. bottles. I give this paint an F for Failure. I  knew fluid would mean fluid- but not streaky. I compared a DecoArt Americana acrylic paint-Persimmon-and it was much more pigment rich-no streaks.

Liquitex Basics Acrylic Fluid is making its debut at Michael's stores. You can't buy it at Blick yet, and I advise you not to buy it anywhere.

The DecoArt cheap paint covers without streaking.

 Boo-Thumbs down.

This post is meant to save you some precious money.
I wish I could return this stuff.

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

thanks for sharing, what a shame! Hugs, Valerie

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Thank you for the tip

I just returned from Michael's. No VanDyke brown, any brand.
Bought VanDyke Red. Prices make me want to cry.

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Hi Debra,
I an sorry about your paints. I use Liquitex in the tube, and have always been pleased with the results. However, I have not used the Liquitex fluid, so I did a little research and it states that the fluid is a much more thinner
and are suited to detail work, staining, watercolor techniques, and dry-brush work.
I would try to return them. Too much money to spend when you are not satisfied.

Thank you for your kind comment on my Malificent drawing.
blessings
Penny

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have some Basics in a tube, but had NO idea they made the fluid acrylics. Golden FLUID acrylics are the only way to go. So glad you shared this with us, dear.

AWmom said...

My husband takes painting classes andThe Teachers have. Him get Apple Barrel Paint.one teacher last year said to get craft smart paint . They are both acrylics and work well. Love your blog!

Debra said...

Thank you AWmom! I love your visit!

Debbie Nolan said...

So glad you let us know. You would think that the more expensive the paint the better it would cover. I know my friend has used just dime store acrylics and been more than pleased. So thank you! Hugs