Saturday, February 4, 2023

Health update sort of and just a howdy.

My Sam's undercarriage...
Yum, Mom, I love your garden!


 My camera has died, so I only have old photos from this blog to post, and whatever I can scan if it fits on the printer plate. Thankfully, most of my art is small, so I will be able to scan it. Have to save up for a camera-but I can wait on that. Above is some knitting that I started a few (gulp) years ago-the shawl is much longer now. I don't have this beautiful plant now-it got too big for being inside, and didn't come up again after I transplanted it outside. I do have to buy another one-I LOVE this color-especially with the color of the shawl.

I think my health issues have gotten better. I must say I have never seen so many doctors in my life. And I have never been quite so discouraged about my health or getting real help for it.

Why do doctors argue with you when you tell them how a medicine affects you? Like you don't know your body-but they do??

Anyway-I finally feel good enough to do some artwork, and I am able to sleep fairly well-even though it's broken up into segments of hours-not an all night sleep. 

For some reason, having hives and red swelling arms depressed me more than not feeling well...and right now I have no itching and no hives. I am very thankful. And yes-it seems like a small thing compared to lots of things-but it took over my life-mostly because it came from nowhere. Was it stress?

Something I was eating? A reaction to the infections I also had? No one can tell me. And I refuse to take another steroid. They made me feel terrible-they did the job of getting rid of my hives and itching-oh yes-but I felt like I was extremely sick as well. 

So what am I doing? For one thing-taking probiotics. Back to eating yoghurt, which I thought I might be allergic to. I'm not. But the pill form of probiotics is something I needed along with yoghurt.

I so admire Nicole and I'll try to make a link to her blog here. (it's beadwright.blogspot.com) She figured out what to take to help her with some serious health problems. I think that is amazing.

And I admire people who have life-long issues and can smile and make the very best of it. 

I want to be like that.

13 comments:

sirkkis said...

The most beautiful color combination of shawl and plant 😍
Sam is sweet and ejoy in your great garden.
Sorry to read of your health problems, and hope you get help for them. Luckyly I feel quite well and take daily my vitamins: C, D and calcium.
Take care and I hope February is a happy month to you xx

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I am sorry you've had issues. It can take forever to get a good diagnosis.
I agree, Nicole shares good information about her illness journey.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I don't have your email address. Profile page.

Becki said...

I'm glad you're feeling hopeful that your health issues are better, Debra Just to empathize with you, I recently started to have severe itching issues. My dermatologist prescribed a topical steroid and it does help, but it bothers me that I don't know the root cause. I say all that just to let you know I can now understand how unexplained and severe itching can take a toll - physically, mentally, and emotionally... It seems every time I turn around lately I hear/read other people are having this same issue. I wonder if something is going on, or if my antennae is simply up now?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is the third time I have tried to leave a comment. I am so sorry to read you have doctors who won't listen to you. It sounds like you have found a regimen that works for you, though.

I am also sorry to read about your camera. Mine is my right arm. Somehow, I can't seem to live without it, as I learned when my old one died last summer. I am glad you don't feel the same attachment for yours and you will be able to scan your incredible art for us to enjoy and appreciate, dear Debra. Stay safe and get well soon.

Barbara said...

I have the same plant but I ordered the bulbs from Amazon and after planting in a pot they grew for me.
If you want to try that you can find the bulbs at a very reasonable price… Oxalis Triangularis 'Purple Shamrocks' is what you need to search. Mine is also now getting very big! Think positive Debra and stay well!!

Hill Top Post said...

How beautiful your gardens always look. You really must have great soil. I keep amending my poor old red clay but have a long ways to go. As I have already heard, “We are what we eat,” so you may be on the right track, I hope you continue to feel better so you can get on with your amazing art.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Sam is such a pretty bird! Hope you can get yourself a camera soon!
The shawl yarn is so pretty and it looks lovely beside the purple of the plant!
Prayers and hugs to you for what you are going through with your health issues. I hope you can find a diet that can help you........medicine sometimes can make things worse.
Take good care and try to rest as best you can

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Love the photos of your Sam! Such pretty color for the yarn and the plant! Prayers for your health issues. I hope you can find medicine and diet to help you through it all. Prayers and hugs.

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh dear friend I can just imagine how frustrated you are with the medical arena. So thankful you are over the hives. I agree that steroids can be hard to use. Hubby eats lots of yogurt for his health issues. It seems to help him tremendously. Will be praying you get completely healed. Take care - sending you a big hug. My little Angel is now in a special place in my kitchen . She reminds me of what a dear friend you are. Yes I am sure it has been ten years we have been friends. Time goes far too quick. Hugs!

Barwitzki said...

I also believe that if you work on yourself throughout your life, you will also bring a smile to your life... all the best to you, stay happy and optimistic and yes, creating something beautiful is important. Your shawl looks great.
Your beautiful duck in the garden made me very happy.
A hug from me... for you.

DVArtist said...

First please forgive me I lost your email address. I agree, why DON"T doctors listen to us? We know what is going on with our bodies and how we feel. I am so happy that you are taking your own steps to get well. The probiotics is a plus for sure. Yes steroids can be helpful but also hurtful in so many different side effect. When I break out in lupus hives I take the cheapest allergy pills I can find OTC. They seem to work best for me, and quite fast. Thank you for mentioning me too. I know you can find what works for you as well to keep yourself moving and on the mend. You have that spirit with in you. Sorry your camera died. Have the very best day today. https://beadwright.blogspot.com/2023/02/friday-face-off-21723.html

artbyjune said...

For red hot itchy rashes that just appear out of nowhere, a very good treatment is Aveeno baby wash and also Aveeno baby moisturiser. The Aveeno has oats and ceramides which help soothe rash prone skin. I tried it because I couldn't get anything to work, except ice packs and cold rose water...they helped a little not a lot...but the minute I put Aveeno on my rash... magic. The rash was gone after about 3 days. I am very glad I found this. Have you tried it...you could try it on a small patch first to see if it works for you. Best wishes!