Friday, June 9, 2023

A dry and thirsty land.

My computer is giving me fits-not knowing when I can get online with it. Part of not being a steady blogger. I'm glad I have pictures of these older works of mine because I think I have painted over them or tossed them. I have gone through a rough season with my art making. Hard to be consistent in just sitting down to draw or paint.
I've still been battling some unknown health issues, but the ball may be rolling with some first tests for Lyme disease. It sounds awful, but I would welcome something with a name for what I'm experiencing.

 Right now I have hives-again-and I'm just trying to have a good attitude about it. Last year I went to way too many doctors and was put on steroids for hives-they got rid of the hives but made me very sick. So I'm using OTC stuff and there is some improvement.

Some time or other I remember asking God how do people with very hard medical things have good attitudes?  I know someone who is amazing-her attitude is so good it's almost contagious. So I think I have figured it out. It's something that God gives us. It may be something we seek after, and not give up seeking. 
I do know I have something more now, even in the midst of this stuff, that I didn't have before. My heart is softer. I am less selfish. I am not as fearful.
Hard to put into words, I just know God is working and He knows all and nothing is wasted-only He can make good things out of what seems bad.
Well, I guess that's all for now.
I will try to let you know what's happening with me when my computer will let me.
please take good care.
Debra

9 comments:

artbyjune said...

I love these paintings Debra. So crisp and clear and full of feeling. I am sorry you still have the skin problem. I am battling with a bad skin rash also. The only thing that helps me is Aveeno baby wash and cream. And also a cold ice pack when it gets very unbearably hot. Usually it goes away on its own, but when its here its awful!! I thought it might be shingles which is a virus left over from chickenpox...but I don't know as I have not gone to a doctor about it. So seriously, I am in sympathy with you!!

sirkkis said...

Hello Debra and thank you for the greetings 😘
You paintings are very artistic and special. I love them.
I'm sorry about your health is not good and really wish you get help and can enjoy the summer πŸŒΊπŸ¦‹

kathyinozarks said...

Hugs-thinking of you-love the painting with the birds

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Debra, your attitude is inspirational.
A name for what is going on health wise takes away a lot of stress.
I learned more about my health reading and listening to others than I did from my doctors back when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

I am not a good pain person, despite a high tolerance. I am a big whiner, just pitiful. Strange though, sometimes I make myself laugh my pity parties are so sloppy. lol

Valerie-Jael said...

Your art is totally beautiful, love it very much. Sorry you are feeling bad, that's not good, and hope you will feel better soon. My computer seems to be old and worn out like me! Sending hugs and prayers! Valerie

Barwitzki said...

I send you many warm greetings including a hug and sincerely wish that your health is on the mend.
Wishing you all the best.
Your pictures are great...I love them. Thanks.

Hill Top Post said...

Hopefully you can get to the bottom of what’s going on with your health issues so you can get back to doing the things you enjoy. Your birds are wonderful. I love all of them.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think YOU are the one who is infectious. You always lift me with your beautiful words and amazing art, while battling some unknown disorder. Your birds are out of this world. I love them and I also love the view out the window. Please know you give those of us who are in pain, the courage to keep going on and smiling, if for no other reason than your incredible art.

DVArtist said...

I love your art. For me with lupus, sjorgens, and now tyroid, art gets me through. My frustration is that there are NO doctors here. I keep myself busy with things I love. Try to reduce the stress and look forward. Sending blessings to you.