Thursday, June 29, 2023

Losing a feathered friend

My little girl went to heaven last Tuesday. It was a total shock. I have had geese for 40 years; Sam was with me 22 of those years. Having a goose as a pet is a wonderful thing, and I will cherish all of my geese and the personalities they had. Geese are smarter than ducks-they are very curious. They know their names, and they respond to love from humans. Sam adored me and showed it in many ways.

I am still in mourning for my goose.
We have no pets now, and that seems very strange.
I keep thinking I have to do something for her or that I want to hold her. I miss the feel of under her wings. I miss the closeness and trust we had together.
We will not have another goose-we are in our late 60's and it's not possible.
I know many of you loved her too, so I wanted to share this news with you.
If I don't publish comments in a timely manner it's because my computer is not really running right. I hope to visit you all soon.

 XOXO
Debra

7 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

so sorry for your loss of a dear friend-Sam. we still think of our beloved wolf Nikita-they are family so the sadness is the same-hugs

Hill Top Post said...

Wow, 22 wonderful years with Sam. I can only imagine all the sketches, paintings, and photographs that were made of her over the years. Lucky Sam, and lucky you to have had one another for so very long. Hugs to you!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers and deepest sympathies for the loss of your beloved Goose, Sam.
I dreaded this day. She has been a cherished part of your life and for us bloggers. I feel she is there in spirit, by her chair and by your side.

sirkkis said...

I'm so �� sorry reading that your darling Sam is died.
I wish you used to new situation and see your beautiful art soon ��

Valerie-Jael said...

So sorry that your sweet Sam has left you, dear Debra, you must be devastated. I hope your heart soon heals. Sending hugs and prayers, Valerie

Debbie Nolan said...

Debra - my heart truly breaks for you...Sam was so lovely and I know you are missing her so very much. Take care. I cannot for certain say but I have always believed we will see our dear pets again in heaven - we have such a Good Father who knows how much we love them. Perhaps they are angels disguised in feathers and fur. Hugs!

Becki said...

Oh, Debra... I'm coming in very late on this, and scrolled down after landing on your painting of Sam. I am so sorry for your loss of Sam. You have described her so well here and in other posts. From your sharing about her, I have wondered what it would be like to have such a unique and lovely pet as Sam was. I'm praying for your heart that surely misses her dearly. Hugs to you, friend.