Wednesday, July 5, 2023

A Little Bird


 A little bird has been sleeping on top of one of our porch posts every night. He is tucked in a corner which his little feather-body fits perfectly.
Nothing can hurt him there. He will weather every night storm dry and ready to fly out in the morning when the robins start singing.
I love this little bird and I feel like God has given him to me. I can still 'mother' a bird. There is love left over from loving Sam, and now this love has a little bird as its target.

Because God loves me and knows me, He has done this for me.
I thank Him for seeing me in the midst of wars and shootings. People are homeless because of devastating storms. There are awful things happening. The world is brutal.

Yet here I am in my comparatively small sadness over my goose dying, and God takes notice.

It means a lot to me, God, and I thank You and love You.

9 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautifully said. I'm glad this little bird was sent to you to help heal your heart. And your art is beautiful, too. Sending hugs and prayers, Valerie

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

God has sent the blessing of the little bird to you!

Melts my heart
I have always wondered where sparrows go at night, are they safe, comfortable and together. God shows them places to be at home.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely bird.

Hill Top Post said...

What a beautiful post. A loving heart won’t stay empty long. Your painting is wonderful.

sirkkis said...

Thank you Debra for sharing your beautiful words and bird art ๐Ÿ˜
I wish you a good health and happy days of summer
๐ŸŒบ๐Ÿ•Š️

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Debra...I think our Father always knows just what we need and comforts us with only the love He can give. Your little bird is so lovely. You are in my thoughts and ๐Ÿ™ . Such a wonderful post. Hugs!

Henny Penny said...

Your little bird painting is wonderful! Oh, I just love what you wrote and believe too that God sent you the little bird. I am taking care of a baby turkey for my neighbor while she is on vacation. I have fallen in love with him. He is probably about 6 weeks old, maybe a little older and has grown like a weed in the two weeks that I've had him. I may not be able to give him back. :)

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

So sorry about your goose Debra๐Ÿฅบ And I am happy to read that you found comfort in Gods wonderful gifts. I love your little bird - so beautiful.
May the Lord bless you and keep you each and every day. Hugs from a sister i Norway❤️