Saturday, September 14, 2024

Oak & Owl, and journal entries...


 Writing from my journal, dated August16, 2024~

"For the past 3 days we have seen and heard geese flying. It is wonderful to hear that sound again-and I'm listening to it as I write.
How does this remind me and make me know that God loves me? I can't put it into words. But it does make me know His love for me. That's all-I know it.

I heard an Oriole this morning. Just a few calls, now either he's gone or just hanging around quietly."

From August 11, 2024~

"Morning, and I hear only a cardinal singing. A lone cricket sings off and on-it's cooler today and not humid, so the crickets aren't singing together.
What takes over the bird world that they all are quiet now? I miss the raucous jumble of voices. 
The quiet makes things look different."
******************
The scan of my artwork cut off some of the leaves...
I have used Prismacolor Premier pencils to do this work.

4 comments:

sirkkis said...

Hello, Debra 🥰
how nice to hear of you after long time 😊
Yes, nature is changing all over the world. We have got here some birds that haven't earlier flown here. Reason is the climate change. Here are new records in numbers of hot days this summer.
Any way, we must take that, because we have gilty of it.
Your owl and oaks are gorgeous 🤩
Have a happy weekend 🧡🐦

DVArtist said...

Love your artwork. I love that you "hear" nature. Have a nice day today.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely journal entries
The owl and oak sound like a blog title, very charming artwork.
If you want bird chatter, then get near a dense shrub at daybreak to listen to the sparrows. They never disappoint. :)

Debbie Nolan said...

Debra - so glad you shared your journal entries. Your owl is adorable. I hope all is well with you...will email you soon. Hugs!