Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Reflections




 I have a lot to write about, but I guess I can wait...I am still using old photos that I've already posted on this blog, but I think it's ok. Not sure I want email on my phone-which is the only way I can post new photos on my blog.

I have passed through the season of high health anxiety, but now some depression has taken its place in my life. But I have much to be thankful for and I want to work toward remembering all the good things! The last photo reminds me of a promise from Psalm 23-the still waters. Sometimes that's just what our souls crave-to be sitting beside water that isn't moving. It is just still. It calms the mind, and spirit and soul. 

It is a stressful time in this world. Politics make me angry and sad at the same time. I firmly believe political talk should NOT be in a church. Let's agree about the things that are eternal. Whatever your beliefs are politically-please don't alienate fellow believers with your opinions if you differ from one another. All of that stuff will pass away. It can be much more difficult to simply be quiet and keep your opinions quiet, but it's the right thing to do.

I am painting-mostly watercolors. What a difference from acrylics! I have to learn how to think about painting all over again with a new medium. Watercolors are unpredictable-at least to a person who is learning. But I think that's part of the wonderfulness of them.

Soon I'll scan some of my current work to show you.

Thank you for dropping by...

XXOO Debra

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Look after yourself, dear Debra, and have fun with the water colours! Hugs, Valerie

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Debra I so agree with you regarding politics and the church. Your photos are so appropriate with the title of reflections. Will continue to "Look up" for you sweet friend. Hugs! P.S. - glad to read you are painting with watercolors again. Will be looking forward to seeing your wonderful art.

kathyinozarks said...

Good evening, so good to read a post from you-hugs wow politics in church is a bad idea in my opinion. the world is such a bad place right now, that I am not reading or listening to anything political. at my age nothing I can really do about any of it except to vote my beliefs in November.
so happy to read you are painting again. the little bit I have painted I love watercolors-but they take patience for me-have to let things dry before going back to an area, and I tend to get things too wet.
Take care hugs Kathy

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

This summer is proving to be a fickle one with the way weather is and isn't. That can be unsettling where depression is concerned. Embracing the gloom and rain is important.

Watercolors have a way of clearing out mental cobwebs. I think it is just the smoothness of how the paint flows with water. It's like art at the beach.

Followers of the loser are so intense, it is scary. I try to not read the news, stick to headlines.