Wednesday, May 13, 2020

I also whine

 Well, it's mid May and it's about 29 or so degrees out there.
 Our lilacs are still tight in their buds.
 My trillium bent over with frost...
 Before the sky cleared and the stars shone last night-it snowed.
 The weather here has been less than delightful. We had a blizzard a few days ago. Many mini blizzards. It snowed like crazy for a few minutes, then the sun came out. Back and forth like that ALL DAY LONG.
 Daffodils still not out yet. When ???
 Didn't want you to think I have everything under control here-yep-I'm doin' fine! Everything's AOK.
Bleah. Bleah bleah.
Sometimes I just wanna scream!
 This little old girl usually brings me back to a smile. She LOVES her cat box. It's so good for an all-day soak.

Oh yeah, I'm crabby about the virus and the weather-fir sure. Also crabby that I can't seem to draw or paint anything.
Just so ya know-I'm waaay not handling all of this so well.
:(

13 comments:

Barbara said...

First the weather. Don’t know about you, but we are feeling we had no real winter at all, so now it comes?! I don’t feel in control of my moods during these times either. Screaming sounds like it might help, but only for the moment. I’m still able to do art and painting, but not much of it feels good. I will persist though because for the time I spend doing those things, I do feel better. Your photos are artistic! Did you feel better while taking them? I hope so, Debra, we need your creativity to influence ours!!!

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I think we are all going through this stress right now-at different times and ways. we have been cold here too but a frost not a freeze. we are to warm up allot in a couple days-and then I can't believe it but Memorial Day is just around the corner. Wow
Hang in there-I haven't been able to do any art either except for my last page for the flower challenge at AJJ we will get through this-big hugs from the lake Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Sometimes we just need to be crabby, whine and get it out of our system! Your goose is wonderful, I just visited some like her in the park here. Look after yourself and hope you feel better soon and that some good weather comes your way! Hugs, Valerie

Gracita said...

O confinamento tem mexido com o emocional das pessoas
É preciso equilíbrio para o enfrentamento desse isolamento
Beijinhos e um ótimo dia

jenclair said...

I have better and worse days. The worse days aren't horrible, but apathetic, restless, lacking focus and interest. Our weather has been erratic with rain and hail storms and threats of tornadoes. Hope you can return to painting soon!

Debra said...

I do like to take photos. It does help some-it gets me out of the real and into the image I see. This morning I have been drawing, and hopfully that drawing will turn into a painting!

Debra said...

Chocolate is my drug of choice. Dark, of course.

Chris Lally said...

It's OK to be crabby. I'm crabby, too:(

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah dear friend we too had freezing weather. I am hoping that the Apple trees will be alright...we have warmer weather today - will send some of it your way. I think we all feel very distressed - hoping summer will do much to slow the virus down. Take care - hugs.

Sandi said...

They are beautiful pictures!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Venting is good. Think of the fireplace, the stove, fresh air in the lungs and brain. Snow flurries are life trying to sort itself out.

Sue (this n that) said...

Being crabby and having a whine really helps... especially to others who understand!

DVArtist said...

Yep, having a whine is good as long as it is just for a day. Tomorrow will be better.