Tuesday, June 2, 2020

The garden in early June

 It's not sunny today, so the garden is rather dark looking.
 I've got purple cabbages planted with the potatoes. They will probably be elbowing each other for room.

 Bumbles love salvia.

 The rhubarb will be picked today for a pie.

Second story window robin.
The nest has been there a few years. I can take photos from the inside, as long as I don't scare her. It's colder today, so I'll wait for warmer weather in case she flies away when she sees me.

Have not been able to do a lick of artwork.
Been gardening like a mad woman though.


7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your garden looks good,how nice to have veggies in the garden. Love the robin's nest, just beautiful. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Barbara said...

The Robin surely knows it’s safe to nest on your window, the window of a bird lover! We have tried but now are convinced we don’t have enough sun for a healthy garden. Living with trees everywhere has its own charms though. No worries, you will come back to art completely refreshed!

jenclair said...

Oh, look at all the lovely green things growing! There are days for gardening that are good for the physical body and allow images for the creative mind to store. A vegetable garden nourishes body and spirit. Of course, some lovely flowers help! "To be specific, between the peony and the rose
plant squash and spinach, turnips and tomatoes;
beauty is nectar
and nectar, in a desert, saves,
but the stomach craves stronger sustenance
than the honied vine." from Peter Meinke's Advice to My Son

kathyinozarks said...

Enjoyed seeing your garden-I have not been able to grow rhubarb since we moved to Missouri-the lake house has allot better soil so I think I will give it try again here-hugs

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Your garden is looking good.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear friend it looks like finally some warm weather has come your way. The garden is looking wonderful...with more wonders coming in this season of summer. Your photo of your bird and her nest makes me smile. I have a Phoebe caring for her wee ones on my front door ledge. Her nest is just perfect made with tightly woven moss. Such a delightful gift. Hugs!

sirkkis said...

Hello Debra,
Your garden looks good and tidy condition. What amazing place to make a nest😯
Have good weekend ❤️🌺