Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Before and After Kitchen pictures...

The first three photos are before I painted and decorated. It is a very old house with out-of-square corners, and an odd shaped kitchen, so I didn't want to spend much money to update it. We tore out the old cupboard hanging on the wall and the one underneath it. We put them beside the road for free, and they were gone within an hour. I LOVE my old farm table. When I saw it at an antique shop, it was covered with grease and oil from old tools. Somehow I saw the potential under all the grime. It looks so nice painted my fav blue shade. The chairs are painted a shade lighter and the edges are sanded.
So we don't have a vent for the stove....that would have been some thousands with the construction of cutting through the ceiling and our roof. Needless to say, we don't cook bacon in this house!
Above-notice the duck tape holding the edge of the ancient countertop on!
The cupboards are darker than the photos show. I LOVE my new quartz countertop-the only countertop in my kitchen. We were very happy with the company that installed it. They measured the space digitally-and it's a good thing-nothing was square. We may replace the stove next year.
My camera is old and not taking good photos inside these days. There's a better picture of the valance we made further down in the post. I bought old tongue and groove boards, all gloriously chippy and beautifully colored old paint. Cut them in different lengths, glued them to a board and then screwed them to the top of the windows. That's all the 'curtains' I have in the kitchen. I'm not a curtain person.







 Thanks for stopping by...We still don't have the floor painted, but we have the paint. It will be that lovely rusty orange that will go well with the blue table.

14 comments:

DVArtist said...

Wow your kitchen looks fantastic! Just a few things makes a huge difference. I like all of the photos you showed today. Have a nice day.

kathyinozarks said...

I Love Love your kitchen-so homey. we always have lived rural and I always had a farm type kitchen-so homey. I love your table, and cabinets very much I love old wood cabinets too enjoy your make over
thanks for sharing with us

Valerie-Jael said...

Well done on the beautiful renovations to your kitchen, it looks fabulous! Now enjoy it! Hugs, Valerie

Barbara said...

Thank you for your “new” kitchen tour! Now we know what’s been keeping you busy. ☺️ I could feel so “at home” at your fabulous table. I love so many things about it starting with your new wood “curtains”. I am over traditional curtains but privacy wins out in our area. Your sink with built in backsplash reminds me of the one I grew up with and washed dishes at every night. Why did it ever get replaced with newer versions of a less-efficient sink? Your choice of colors is perfect, and I love the stressed look of everything. It goes so well with wood. I don’t know your floor but hope wood wins out. I love it all and must add your paintings on the walls are the finishing touch. That’s the Debra I know!

Hill Top Post said...

Oh wow, Debra, I love this post. Your new "old" kitchen is fabulous. Oh, for just a piece of quartz! I have enlarged all pictures and admired every tiny bit...even the geese!

Debra said...

You are so nice! I know my kitchen is quite Underwhelming-we could have gone all out and had a huge re-do, but we're not sure we want to stay here. So-maybe the next owners will do it all over again...
I love my sink too-it's the real deal-it also has a beautiful porcelain leg-I must show it sometime.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Debra I love love your painted table. The kitchen looks gorgeous. Wow the countertop is fantastic. The wooden valance is perfect for the windows. It let's in wonderful light. Enjoy your redo. Hugs!

Debra said...

Thank you my friends....

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful! I love your kitchen sink! It is fantastic. I've never ever seen one that shape and size before. The wood valances are quite creative, and very nice. Y'all have great taste.

sirkkis said...

Hello Debra! I already yesterday evening visited here and was surprised how fantastically you have decorated and painted your kitchen. I was so tired that decided to come back soon. I must handle my older sisters matters, because she cant herself for her age and bad health. Anyway I love the colors you chose and imagine how wonderful the orange floor would look when you've painted it.
Congratulations for your great job and beautiful kitchen.
Take care and be happy, not too busy xx

Flowermouse Design ❀ Lone said...

Oh Debra it looks amazing. Such a personal and beautiful kitchen👍😍 We don’t have a vent with holes in the walls or roof. But we found one with filters and it works great.
It’s amazing what you have done with paint. I love it 🥰 Enjoy every bit of it💕

jenclair said...

I know you must be happy with your bright new kitchen! Love your sink and where you've hung the Butter and Eggs sign. :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness, I would have grabbed that cabinet top and bottom if I'd seen it on the side of the road. Although doing that by myself would have been an ordeal. I just love your kitchen!!!! What a great idea for your window valances.

LS Nelson said...

Oh dear! You've triggered a longing for an old house. I prefer 'curated' kitchens because they have so much more personality than a standard kitchen. You've done a terrific job of reimagining your kitchen. I love everything about it!